Contact lenses make it possible to correct eyesight problems without having to wear spectacles or undergoing surgery.
Tuaco Opticians stocks a wide variety of contact lenses and we offer trial samples to our clients when they book an eye test appointment to help
them find the best type of contact lenses for them before placing their first order.
Our customers can easily restock on their favourite brand of contact lenses by sending us an email or filling in our online contact form with
their prescription details to order more.
Different types of contact lenses
Contact lenses can be classified by the type of material they are made of (soft, gel-like consistency vs hard, plastic material), or according to their
Daily disposable contact lenses
are discarded nightly after use and do not require any special care.
, or regular lenses, must be removed, cleaned and stored in contact lens solution every night. They are made from materials which allow the same pair
of lenses to be worn for up to 30 days before discarding.
Specialised contact lens designs are available to correct various types of vision problems and fulfil personal style requirements.
Multifocal contact lenses
Multifocal contact lenses provide vision for both distance and near vision, just like bifocal and varifocal optical lenses. They are available both as
daily and monthly contact lenses.
Multifocal lenses are smartly designed to let you see both near and far objects through their smart design. There are two types of multifocal contact
The upper half of the lens has a far power and the bottom half has near power, allowing your pupil to alternate from one to the other by shifting your
gaze upwards or downwards.
Places both far and near powers in front of your eye at the same time. Your visual system learns to choose the correct power and block out the other
one depending on the proximity of the person or object you’re focusing on. The different powers can be arranged in a concentric or aspheric design.
Toric contact lenses
Toric contact lenses are used to correct astigmatism. They differ from regular ("spherical") contacts by incorporating two different powers in two
different directions on the same lens.
Since it is important that they must remain in position, some toric lenses are designed to be heavier at the bottom to prevent them from rotating and to
maintain proper orientation on the cornea with respect to the alignment of their powers.
Coloured contact lenses
Coloured contact lenses can be designed in various colours that enhance or alter eye colour by mimicking the natural look of the coloured part of the eye
Coloured lenses are a simple and fun way to reinvent your look completely. Besides being used for cosmetic reasons, coloured contact lenses can also be
prescribed to cover eye defects or injuries.
At Tuaco Opticians we help you ensure that you get the best out of your contact lenses after you have been properly fitted by your doctor or optometrist.
Our most popular brands of contact lenses include:
- Alcon Air Optix Monthly Single Vision
- Alcon Air Optix Astimatic
- Alcon Air Optix MultiFocal Monthly
- Alcon Night and Day
- Alcon Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Box of 30
- Alcon Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus Box of 90
- Alcon Dailies Progressives 30 pk
Bausch and Lomb
- Bausch and Lomb Pure Vision 2 Monthly Single Vision
- Bausch and Lomb soflens Toric 6 pack
- Bausch and Lomb Pure vision Toric 6 pack
- Bausch and Lomb Soflens Multi focal 6 pack
- Bausch and Lomb Pure Vision Multifocal 6 pack
Johnson and Johnson
- Johnson and Johnson Acuvue 2 single vision
- Johnson and Johnson Acuvue Advance single vision
- Johnson and Johnson Acuvue Oasys single vision
- Johnson and Johnson 1 day Moist box of 30 / box of 90
- Johnson and Johnson Tru Eye box of 30 / box of 90
- Johnson and Johnson Advance Astigmatism 6pack
- Johnson and Johnson Oasys Astigmatism 6pack
- Johnson and Johnson 1 day Moist Astigmatism
- Monthly High Power disposable contact lenses
Contact Lens Solutions
Caring for contact lenses, which includes cleaning, disinfecting and storing them in a lens case, is much simpler nowadays than it used to be.
Rather than buying several bottles of cleaning products, many people prefer using multipurpose solutions, which let them conveniently clean, disinfect and
store their contact lenses with one product.
At Tuaco Opticians, we stock a variety of contact lens solutions from leading brands to suit all your needs:
- Opti free: For Soft Contact Lenses 355 ml
- Opti Free : For soft Contact Lenses: 120 ml
- Aosept : For all lens types: 360ml
- Systane Ultra Eye drops - Lubricating Eye Drops
- Systane Eye gel – Lubricating Gel
Bausch and Lomb
- Renu Multi Purpose: Soft Contact Lenses 360ml
- Renu Multi Purpose: Soft Contact Lenses 240 ml
- Renu Multi Purpose : Soft Contact Lenses 120 ml
- Renu rewetting drops : Lubricant for All types: Bio True Soft Contact Lenses 120 ml
- Delta Plus Conditioning Solution For hard contact lenses
- Delta Concentrated Cleaner : For hard contact Lenses